Friday, April 30, 2010

Absorb Life

“Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity.” ...Vicktor Frankl


It seems like I've been down this path for a long time, but truly the journey seems so brief.  Images and memories seem to get lost in the distance of time.  This morning, I chose to go back to some of my first images shot with my Nikon Coolpix 950.   It's been a long time.



The images still catalog contrast:  people, landscapes, architecture and more.  As I look back, I see that my fascination for details has not changed.  My curiosity remains intact, unfurled by the dotcom crisis, the calamity of 9/11, the second Iraq War and a new one in Afghanistan, Katrina and its relatives, and most recently our economic greed induced global implosion.  Throughout it all, I chose to create.  It remains my purpose in life.  
It would be unnatural for me not to chronicle what I see and what I sense.  The details have so much to offer us; if we could only see them.  I feel driven to show you the details of our world.  It has so much to offer; yet, we take such little time to enjoy its beauty.  It doesn't demand money, simply our time.  That requires us to slow down the pace and simply change our perspective.
What would happen if we slowed down?  What would we see if we looked around us?  What if you changed your focus and your eyes depth of field?  My guess is that you would be awakened to the life that is simply happening all around you.  It is free from commercial endorsements and other noise.

Some times you just have to be the sponge and absorb every drop of life that surrounds you.  I've been that sponge for a while.  When I am squeezed, I simply spill what I've absorbed.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.