Monday, April 19, 2010

Survivors




The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me.
 The last of one’s freedoms is to choose ones attitude in any given circumstance.”
....Viktor Frankl
Survivor



Today, it's time for me to put aside my self-pity.  In fact it's a day that I will let the images speak for themselves.  You have seen these images before, in history books and documentaries.  There's no need for me to embellish them with words or personal accounts.  A part of me wishes that the locations did not exist for me to photograph, but they do.

I think about the words of a survivor:  "the last of one's freedoms is to choose ones attitude in any given circumstance."  How do you get that point?

For those of you who are accustomed to me say a lot, I hope you understand.  I've got nothing to say today.  



I once heard that deepest thoughts come in silence.  Reflection is a good thing.  I have choices lots of them still, they are not ominous.  My choices encompass living a meaningful life.  I know that finding our purpose is truly what sustains us.  It's all good.  There's no need to fear.  We learn to survive even through adversity.


In Memory of Those Who Suffered
So That We Might Learn 
To Live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.