Thursday, September 1, 2011

Always on My Mind

Buffalos Grazing
North of Raton, NM

Sometimes life gets in the way. I get busy but I've a confession: "You are always on my mind". That's right I think about all of you. Recently, I have had so many positive things going on in my life that for a moment I got too busy, but I've not forgotten you. So from my heart, I want to let you know that I love sharing with you my experiences. I believe that life is meant to be enjoyed and shared. My promise is this: as long as I can breathe, speak, write, and photograph, I will share with you. This is my journey and I have not reached my final destination yet. Please continue to join my sojourn with me.

Buffalo Dust Bath
This past couple of weeks my journey took me 2,200 miles from the high plains of Amarillo to the Rocky Mountains of Estes Park and back down the Santa Fe trail through Taos and Santa Fe, New Mexico and through mesa and plain home again. All that time all of you were always on my mind. There were so many things to see and simply not enough time to absorb all of it.

For many years, I believed that we had our thinking all reversed. We really should "retire" early and start working when we are around seventy and ready to sit down. If you postpone the things that require physical activity you may never get to do them. Do it now. Live now!!

My journey took a different turn last year but now I am grateful for what transpired. I now have an opportunity to practice my hidden crafts writing and photography. This is who I am. I am a photographer and a writer. My job is to simply improve and tell the stories.

Now I choose to print more of my images and sell them. This is my vocation and my calling. I shoot commercial work and weddings too  but my passion lies with creating fine art images. I do both with my passion and art in mind. This is truly who I am and I can't fight my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.