Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Take A Chance: Find A Good Cause

Raffle Prize by
Southlake Lions Club 

The economy makes it too easy to wallow in self-pity. I confess I was one of those who felt sorry for himself. I lost my job and most recently lost my mother. Both experiences were emotional and painful. In order to stop feeling sorry for myself, I became active with the Southlake Lions Club. At first it was awkward but soon I found myself surrounded by new friends and people who really want to make a difference.

This year we have a very special fundraiser. We will be hosting a bike ride on October 1st and we will also be raffling off a brand new Harley Softail bike. The proceeds of both the ride and raffle will go towards the purchase of a leader dog for Dallas Wiens. Dallas was the first to receive a complete face transplant after being electrocuted. At twenty five years of age, Dallas has lots of living remaining and we wish to make his life better.

I lost a job, but this man lost his face. I will eventually find another job, but he will never have his old face back nor his eyesight. People like you and me can make a difference by either donating to this great cause or purchasing raffle tickets at Southlake Lions Club. Click on the link and find out more about how you can purchase, donate, or win. You do not have to be present to win. Please open your eyes and help a blind man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.