Thursday, September 29, 2011

Live the Season

Serene Brook
Tannersville, NY
Live in each season as it passes;
 breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
 and resign yourself to the influences of each.
Henry David Thoreau

This morning I've been thinking about my new collection of Autumn Scenes. The collection is meant to both soothe and inspire. It's not just about showcasing my skills but rather using skills to touch you. I want to reach out and make you feel what I have witnessed. It truly is a great life, it becomes easier to see that once you remove the obstacles that impede your view.

Thoreau's quote above was exactly what I needed to hear this morning: "resign yourself to the influences of each". It's quite amazing how in grammar school we learned about linking verbs and the state of "being" but we were never taught how to just "be". It is the reason why I am drawn to nature. Simply put I want to learn to enjoy and absorb all thats glorious around me. In other words nature teaches me to be.

Photography provides me the ability to become a sponge that absorbs life in fractions of seconds that seem like days and at the appropriate time enables me to release what I have absorbed. My challenge is to share those moments with you and make you also aware. 

You can start viewing my card collection Autumn Scenes by clicking on the hyperlink for Autumn Scenes. In a few more days, I will also be adding four more cards to this series this coming week. To inquire about purchases or to make a purchase email me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.