Monday, September 26, 2011

Autumn Madness

Cascade in Catskills
Near Palenville, NY

Fall energizes me. I get excited all over again. I think about my native New England and how green leaves fade to bright oranges and reds as if the trees themselves were laden with flowers instead of leaves. The smells of hayrides, apple cider, and pumpkin pies all come to mind as vividly as the leaves themselves. Nature makes its own change exciting as it trumpets its autumnal fanfare to celebrate both harvest and hard work.

In a few weeks, I will be back home. I need to be back to experience the autumn first hand again. Of course, I will have my camera with me. I am working on putting together a new card series all about autumn from my perspective. Autumn memories as I recall them.

I will be taking a chance since you never know how bright the leaves will be. You don't know if the rain will mute the colors or even if the frost will nip the maple leaves in time to make them blush bright red. One strong gust of wind and it could be all over before it even starts. It's a chance I am willing to take. There are so many photographs I want to make on this journey. So much left to see and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.