Sunday, September 18, 2011

On It's Way


Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lately I've been getting up more early than usual. I keep stirring somewhere between four and five. I couldn't quite figure out why this was happening. After giving it more thought it hit me; autumn is about to start and in a while we will "fall back". It appears that my body clock automatically senses the season change.

In a few weeks, I will make the trek back to New England where I am from. It's a ritual that I love. I miss the bright colors and crisp mornings of the Berkshire foothills. I will get off the plane near Hartford and see the old tobacco sheds. I will drive by fruit stands offering apple cider and an assortment of pumpkins. I will navigate along the Farmington river and make my way home past Avon, and Simsbury, Canton, Satan's Kingdom and New Hartford.

My heart will race as I finally find myself near the Old Gilbert School. I know it wont be long then that I will see St. Joseph's Church and what I've been waiting for: ABC Pizza House. I know it all sounds silly, but my soul feels at ease once I've tasted a hot tunafish grinder again. It will be worth the migration up the river.

Simple pleasures and memories, I know, but they make me happy. I know I can't stay for long and I will be on a mission to photograph all I can. I promise I will share them with you but not the hot tunafish grinder. It's simply enough to tell you that ABC Pizza House is there on Main Street in Winsted, CT still waiting for me and perhaps you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.