Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sunset Appreciation

Sunset at Ina Road
Tucson, AZ

Sunsets no longer mark the end of my day but rather the beginning. My day is filled with tedious work with little time for me or for reflection; it is work. However, at the onset of sunset its my time and I welcome getting reacquainted with myself via my outdoor walks.


My walks are no longer on flat surfaces but rather on grades of steepness, but each summit has a down side. The effort I spend to climb the slopes is offset by the respite of the decent. You come to appreciate both the climb and the decline. It's all part of a natural process.

If there were no opposites would we really appreciate the monotony? If life had no hills, if it offered no challenges, would we be content? If that's the case, shouldn't we then embrace the challenges hills and mountains present?

Life is neither bad nor good. It simply is life. There are challenges, peaks and valleys, and yes monotonous flatlands too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.