Monday, January 21, 2013

On The Way

Trailhead to Romero Pools
Oro Valley, AZ

Mountains can be admired but they are more interesting if climbed. Each has its unique characteristics which bring challenges reminiscent of very specific mountain DNA.

What fascinates us about these natural giants? I like to think that the fascination is that they bring heaven a bit closer to us. And so we climb. The steepness of the rugged terrain forces us to take pause as we rehydrate, acclimate, and rest. We look down and see the specks of what were once problems. We look up and even airplanes seem a lot closer than before. The mountains become nature's escalator between earth and an idea of heaven.

For most of my life, I've lived mountain free. I shouldn't complain about the change, just a few mountains along my way. Suppose I should climb them all and see what each summit brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.