Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pima Canyon: Snow and Sunset
Tucson, AZ

Several weeks ago, I had the good fortune of hiking up Pima Canyon. The canyon had just received a confectioner's sugar dusting. Thought it would make sense for me to look for new things to photograph. Nature and I collaborated on creating our own art.

Later on, as I processed my images, I realized that now as an adult I was creating my own ViewMaster images. Images like the ones I used to spend hours viewing. 

It should not come to any of us as a surprise how we've been shaped by our own experiences influences our reality perception. Reality is a cerebral term consequently very few things in a photographer's realm are in fact "real". We shoot based on perception. Perception lends its itself to both experience and influence and a tad of physical realness. The finished product of Pima Canyon was made cerebrally under the "influence". It's my reality and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.