Thursday, January 31, 2013

On My Time

View Atop Lake Patagonia State Park Entrance
Patagonia, AZ

We'd never know how high we are, till we are called to rise;
 and then, if we are true to plan, our statures touch the sky.
 ~Emily Dickinson

One of the advantages of being in sales is that you get to see things outside of the office. A long time ago, I made it a standing habit to bring my camera with me. Since then, even on a bad day, I can say I got something out of the job.

When I think of the many hours, I've spent away from home on a account my jobs, I am at least proud of the fact, that I have something to show for it. My life did not stop nor end with the "company" I kept. My time has always remained mine and mine to enjoy. 

The few minutes, I take to enjoy what is around me and partake in life, is small compared to the amount of time, I invest in putting forth the effort to succeed at any job. It pales to the time I waste worrying about job security. It's my life for me to enjoy. My happiness is not contingent on others. No one has that weight, it rests solely on my own shoulders.

This image was shot on what would have been a fruitless day. The results were sufficient to motivate me to do a good job just so that I could visit there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.