Sunday, July 25, 2010

Looking Back


Looking Back 
Headley, Texas

Today was a huge experiment.  I didn't really think that I would get in the car and just drive.  I've no real plans but already I've captured some interesting images.  The shot above was taken around sunset facing east.  The plains were nicely lit.  I wanted to do something different, so I use the only tool I had my iPhone.    The experiment worked.  I shot separate exposures for both the foreground and the sky.  It turned out quite nicely for on the fly.

Happened to find this chicken on the other side of the road at Mosley Trading Post in Henrietta, TX.  This chicken was meant for me.  Although I caught the chicken I was not chicken today.  I am grateful that my inquietud forced me to go out today.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring me.  I can feel the creative side stirring within.  Thank you Eunice, Harry, and Dan.  Thanks to all of you who have continued to encourage me all of these past months.

Sometimes, instead of looking forward to what is dead ahead, we need to just look back.  We need to figure out how to take it all in.  It makes the journey so much more fulfilling.  I know it firsthand now.


* If you enjoy my work and wish to see more of it please visit me at elidigital.  All images are for sale.  Prices will vary on the sizes that you want or need and whether they are matted.  My 6x9 images start at $75 and are printed on 8.5x11 archival paper stock.  I can also print 13x19 on 17x22 paper.  If you really desire a larger print, I can also print up 20x30.  Some of you may prefer to have these prints as cards.  I make a very handsome set of limited edition cards (eight to a gift box) with matching envelopes for $35 plus shipping.  Feel free to show your friends too.  Hopefully, by early next month, I will have a professional site with an online store.  In the mean time, feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.