Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Canadian

"This Package Saved My Life"
Chuck Noland's Quest For Meaning
Canadian, Texas

You might say that I've been on a pilgrimage.  A personal quest to find myself and to reconnect with those around me.  My pilgrimage took me to Canadian, Texas where I found some very friendly folks and fantastic stories.

Yes, both of these images should look familiar to you.  If you've seen the movie Castaway, you can almost visualize Chuck Noland, Tom Hanks, himself at the crossroads then driving down the dusty road to the place of the person/package "who saved" his life.

For whatever reason, it was important for me to find this place and that crossroad.  It's exactly where I am spiritually.  I am desperately trying to find my compass, my purpose.  My sense of direction has been distorted by the wrong priorities and work that consumed my time and my life.

Just like the movie a stranger came up to me and asked if he could help me.  It was none other than George Washington Arrington, grandson of the original owner of the house and the ranch, Captain George Washing Arrington.  George was larger than life and was more than willing to tell a stranger about his family and life on the Arrington Ranch.  

Now I believe that things happen for a reason.  Time doesn't permit me to go into more detail today about George and about Canadian, but I promise I will tell you more.  For now, I've got more miles to cover on this journey.  I can tell you George and the good folks of Canadian have made the journey worthwhile.

Wilson, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean it. Wilson!!!!!  I promise I will tell more of the story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.