Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Cheer


Texas Christmas Ya'll

One of my patrons suggested that I write a narrative about some of the cards that I am selling. She wanted to know what made them special and perhaps what motivated me to take the image to begin with. There are times, I must confess, that I assume others will immediately know but that's not the case.

This year, I am featuring three separate fine art card prints: Texas Christmas, Yankee Christmas, and China Christmas. Today's feature is Texas Christmas.

We lose our leaves much later than our counter parts up north for obvious reasons. Our deciduous trees are much shorter in stature and when they lose their leaves their shapes become quite interesting against the plains and grasslands.

Typical mornings in late December are clear and crisp. Frost occasionally nips the remaining green grass before the sun awakens the plains from a winter nap. Every day, I walk past this field along my hiking trail. This tree fascinates me all year long from every angle. The bench represents a place that I wish to be. Its a place of solace and joy where all you have to do is sit and observe the life that thrives around you.

This particular morning, I chose to stop my routine and observe the tree before the sunrise like a person just sipping his first cup of brewed coffee in the morn. It was quiet, brisk, and beautiful. All I had was my iPhone and I composed my shot with my flair for painting. A year later, I decided to interpret the tree and bench with my new photographic skills. It finally spoke to me and I think it describes how we feel in Texas about our often snowless Christmas.

So to my dear patron in Hawaii, you now have the story about the tree. All cards are 5 x 7, printed by me on archival Red River card stock. Each is a fine art print that can be easily framed. The card box set of eight is available for $32 plus tax shipping and handling (if applicable). Shipping is free on all orders of three or more boxes. If you order four or more boxes, I am extending a 15% discount provided you place your order by December 15th. (If you wish to place a personal greeting please let me know otherwise the cards are blank in side.)

To place your order contact me at alh7672@gmail.com.  Please leave me your phone number and I will contact you. I accept all major credit cards and PayPal.

HO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.