Monday, March 12, 2012

Images of Music

A Moment in Prague


Last night, I had the good fortune of listening to a group of musicians called the California Guitar Trio. My friends told me that they were attending the trio's concert and I decided that I should head to Dallas and break my Sunday night routine and join them.

The trio played many diverse pieces all with a classical guitar strain. One piece in particular, The Marsh, took me far away;  I closed my eyes and let the music transport me. Suddenly, I was in a good place and at peace within myself. As I looked around the room at Poor David's Pub, I noticed that the other sojourners were also being musically transported to various destinations afar.

My friend leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Do you see images?" Without answering she new my answer. My face must have shown the choreographed scenes I imagined.

If inspiration is divine then I must have witnessed something divine last night, perhaps a musical vision. It was enough to jar my creativity this morning; I found an image to reinterpret as I thought about last evening's music.

Blessings come in many forms. We all should be lucky to have such great company, friends, and music to share. The fine arts soothe and heal wounded sojourner spirits. Make and take time to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.