Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Moonstruck

Moonrise Over Hadley, Tx

It just so happened that I glanced into my rearview mirror and saw this magnificent moonrise over the highway on my way to Amarillo.  I pulled over on the side of the road, popped the trunk, and reached in for my camera gear.  I shot a few frames while the moon was still low over the horizon.

Inspiration comes in many forms, I realized that I had just casted my shot for the next day.  I was headed to Palo Duro canyon.  My new goal was to shoot a full moon over Palo Duro.  Quite the contrast for someone who didn't even know where he was headed  at the onset of the trip.

Things unfold as we take our journey.  We don't know the outcome and we don't necessarily know our destiny.  The most important thing is that we be prepared to capture what the journey brings.  This attitude grants us the opportunity to experience the joy that the journey provides.  Each day brings us something that the prior day may have only given us a preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.