Saturday, June 18, 2011

Opportunity Awaits

Brick Wall and Open Door
Taylor, TX

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

Optimism is an essential ingredient to survival.  Opportunities lie behind closed doors.  The optimist is willing to open and peer to see what's behind the door.  Lately, I've been peering behind lots of doors some are filled with surprises and some lead absolutely nowhere.   The most outrageous openings are the ones that appear to be be bricked up before I even get a chance to come in.


Whether I like what's behind the door is irrelevant to my survival pursuit.  The fact remains, that good or bad, I've got to keep knocking on doors, turning knobs, and peering in.  Life is filled with doors some are open and some are shut.  None of us knows what lies behind each.  That's why deep inside of me despite the anxiety and despair, I keep trying and knocking on doors.


Sooner or later a door is going to open for me and I will be prepared for the opportunity that lies beyond the portal.  Being ready to take advantage of the door mysteries is a lesson that I've had to re-learn.  Like photography, I have to be ready to capture the moment in front of me.  It may only last a fraction of a second, so I need to be prepared and move swiftly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.