Monday, May 23, 2011

Soul Mates

In Sickness and In Health...

My parents are soul mates.  Nothing separates this pair.  They have always been there for each other.  I've always wondered about true love.  My parents by their actions have shown me what is and its value.  Dad will take care of mom as long as he has a pulse.  He loves her too much to let go or to let her down.  In this shot mom was asleep and Dad wanted to be there for her when she awoke.

Love in Action
Love manifests itself in many ways.  We need to embrace the good and the bad and face the fact that joy is the opposite of pain.  We can appreciate each by understanding and accepting it's opposite.  My emotions and my sensitivity are the result of these two people who made me what I am today.  I hope I can love my family and my friends as much as they have tried to teach me.

1 comment:

  1. There was a time when I believed in love and the idea of a soul mate. Thought I even had it once. As with all things, it takes two ...

    Beautiful images and writing Al. Hope your mom is doing well, your father stays strong and you as well. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.