Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's Always Sunny Above the Clouds

Waiting to Rise Above the Clouds
Jacksonville, FL


Can't say I've been on top of the world as of late.  Some might criticize me for being so honest and disclosing those feelings.  It's been an emotional roller coaster ride this past week: my 90 year old mother fractured her thigh, a potential job offer vanished, I lost a very expensive camera lens during a wedding shoot, and I am now on a plane headed to Florida to comfort my Dad for a week and try to make things better.


They say things happen for a reason and I must confess I don't care for that expression and I grit my teeth harder each time I hear it. However, I wouldn't have been able to help my parents, if I had to explain all of this to some corporate suit. You see more than anything else I love my parents. They made me who I am. They taught me the value of service and friendship. Throughout their lives, my parents were the perfect role models of friendship. People love my parents not only for their hospitality and good food, but for their acts of love, generosity, and unadulterated friendship. If I have one wish, I pray that I can measure up to their example.


As I boarded my fight today to Jacksonville, I overheard someone talk about the dismal weather in Dallas. He added, with a smile in his voice and a twinkle in his eyes, but it will soon be sunny above the clouds. It was a simply profound statement. It's always sunny above the clouds. Why did I forget? Why do I choose to go dark when light surrounds me?


I don't know where this journey is going to take me. All I know is that universe is truly trying to teach me something new.  It's time to climb above the clouds and reach for the sun. The sun always shines above the clouds.  I pray for the wisdom to understand both clouds and sun.  It's a steep climb to rise above the clouds, I know, but I've no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.