Monday, October 29, 2012

Splendid Moment

Shelby Cavallaro Thompson
Highland Park Presbyterian
Dallas, TX

Had an opportunity to photo witness the union of Shelby and Jon at Highland Park Presbyterian. Now I am trying to recreate what transpired. That's what a photographer does with his photographic two dimensional piece of history.


After viewing and selecting this image, I wondered how best to tell the elements of the story. As I was shooting the image, this idea came to me. Shelby's mom, Laurie mentioned out loud that she didn't have a bridal portrait. It seems that the bride was very self-conscious and didn't see what the big deal was. Not only was it her wedding day, but Shelby looked absolutely stunning in her regal gown.

It took most of yesterday to work on this image. I even placed a call to a Photoshop guru, Katrin Eismann, to help me with issues with shadows. In the end, after experimenting, my decision was to create my own style. The results, I feel were both dramatic, dreamy, and bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.