Thursday, October 25, 2012

From My Perspective

Wedding Pageantry Fit for a Princess
Highland Park Presbyterian
Dallas, TX

Last week was hectic to say the least. At the beginning of the week, I was chasing leaves and waterfalls, by the weeks end, I was perched on a church balcony positioning myself for a different kind of landscape. Either way, I aim to photograph and archive what is beautiful and add a third and fourth dimension of my feeling. It's my way of reaching out to you the viewer. I want you to feel the same as me if not more.

Shelby & Jon
Some feel that the job of wedding photography is thankless. I think that if its left to up to the point and shoot photographers who just happen to have a camera, it is not only thankless but meaningless. The value lies in the experience and sentiment placed during the post production process. Images about emotion must convey it. It's not just about getting the perfect exposure and sharp detail. The real details are in the intangibles.

For nearly a half a century, I've left room in my heart for passion, romance, and feelings. These elements define who I am as a person, husband, and a friend. My photography conveys what my words otherwise cannot.

Like I learned years ago in my latin class, I still feel, amor vincit omnia. Love truly does conquer all. For some "love changes everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.