Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gratitude

Catalina View
Tucson, AZ

“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life
is the foundation for all abundance.
Eckhart Tolle

The word gratitude has crept into my mind lately. To learn to appreciate the simple gifts in life is essential in achieving personal happiness. The acknowledgement and acceptance of those gifts is a process some like myself must learn.

There are many things out of our realm of control. Yet there are other small things that we can enjoy each day. In fact each day is unique in what it brings and unfolds. The moment is all we have and its for us to enjoy.

While in the last three years there have been many disappointments, they do not overshadow the many good things that have transpired as a result of the ongoing changes in my life. Had it not been for my job loss and subsequent job gain, I never would have been able to amass such a beautiful photographic portfolio. I chose to take the time afforded me to see and to create.

Many of you have accompanied me on this journey. You have seen my work evolve. This morning I encourage you and also exhort you to exercise gratitude for what we can enjoy each day. Also share that gratitude with others who need to be uplifted. Someone whom I've never met shared this video from TED on FB on gratitude. You wont regret viewing it and it will help you today, please click on the link. Understand gratitude and you will be on your way towards achieving personal happiness under all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.