Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Change of Perspective

Ranchos Church
Taos, NM


One of my photography mentors reminds me to focus on perspective. By studying perspective, I can change my version of the image while still viewing the same image that someone else has shot. Perspective becomes a tool that I can use to distort and interpret my particular view of an image. None of us views exactly the same image in the same way.


Our own experiences, past and present, enable us to weave a unique image capture of reality according to our journey. As we study the great art masters like Van Gogh, Renoir, Monet, Manet, and Matisse; we see how emotion influences the final image. Artists rely on that sense as another color on their palette. They dip into it and mix it readily with color. The brush stroke provides the mood and tempers the image.


We cannot escape emotion nor should we shun it. Emotion good or bad can be a source of fantastic art.  Instead of shunning it, we should embrace it as part of our identity. Our lives can be enriched by what we feel and sense if we learn how to harness its unique energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.