Monday, August 22, 2011

Take It Easy

Chihuahua: Taking It Easy
Taos, NM


It took me 2,200 miles by car and one song to get it, but I think I understand now what I am suppose to do. "Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy."  I don't know how many times I had heard that song Take It Easy by the Eagles but this time, that particular phrase took a hold of me like the spirit in a Pentecostal revival service. 


For much of my trip, my wheels kept turning in my head and they blocked me from just enjoying all of the splendor. My wife, Kim, would nudge me to see where my mind was at. I couldn't stop thinking about all that was happening. The noise of my own wheels were keeping me from enjoying what was in plain view.


Look, I don't portend to know the future or how all of this will work out. I know I need to lighten up and just go with the flow. It's a lot easier than fighting the current all of the time. This is not about giving up but rather its about giving yourself a chance to just be. In time, it will all work out. You just have to learn to Take It Easy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.