Monday, September 6, 2010

Man's Best Friend

Charlie:  Man's Best Friend


Pets have always played a part of our family.  Our children have always yearned for them.  I had a difficult time saying no.  Well, I said it actually many times but it did fall on deaf ears.  It was hard for me to deny them that joy.  Typically, I put aside my feelings and fell prey to being a Dad.  Logic went out the window.  We had cats, dogs, and even a goat.


When I look back, I am glad that I gave in.  There was always something special about coming home to a pet that liked me regardless of what had transpired at work.  As long as I fed them, they thought I was smart and they never went out of their way to put me down.  There are plenty of reasons why we love our pets.  They provide us with an outlet to love without conditions.  I many not be their biggest fan, but I sure appreciate the comfort and companionship they provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.