Tuesday, June 8, 2010

San Miguel de Allende: A Profession of Faith


Those of you who know me may not completely understand why I still frequent San Miguel de Allende.  It's a creative and spiritual pilgrimage for me.  It's a place where I renew and profess my creative faith.  There are other creative pilgrims there too.  We bump into each other in the plaza at our coffee table confessionals as we sip coffee or when we listen to the church bells in front of the Parroquia.

Renewal is an interesting term.  Perhaps baptism would me more appropriate.  You see the old me is cleansed by everything my senses absorb in San Miguel.  Part of me dies and is reawakened by the life that seems to abound and surround me.  I feel connected to what is happening.

Time is not working on my side today.  The words are just aren't coming to me quick enough.  The bells are still resonating in my ears today.  Tomorrow, I will find a way to take you with me to San Miguel.  You will hear the bells and enjoy the parks just as I have.  Promise to listen.  Take the pilgrimage with me and invite a friend.  The journey is long and at times lonely.