Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Look Around You


Look around you, look up here
Take time to make time
Make time to be there
Look around, be a part
Feel for the winter
But don't have a cold heart

...Little River Band, "Lady"


We just got back from a quick trip to Florida to see my parents.  Kim love's the beach and she's been a great support these past few difficult months.  She love's the beach and I knew that I could score some really big brownie points if I took her to Daytona Beach.

It was nearly dusk when we got there.  My sister Zaidy joined us and we drove my dad's sexy Marquis down the beach freeway.  We tried parking it once and got stuck in the soft sand.  A passerby understood our plight and helped push us out of the rut.  We found a firmer place to park further down the beach.

The beach was nearly empty and we had time to take it all in.  We strolled along the shore,  there was plenty to see and plenty to hear.  Families building their last sand castles of the day, sea shell collectors looking for the perfect treasure, and birds looking for their final seafood catch of the day.

It was all there.  It's always there, in fact.  All you have to do is "take time to make time" and look around you.  I have no idea why I forget but I do.  What a difference it makes when I finally look around.  

Click on this song Lady and it will bring back those memories.  Now the song is in your head too.