Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dreaming About Creating Romance

Living Room of Dreams
Westlake, TX
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
 Eleanor Roosevelt
 
There's a constant battle within me; it's a personal war that rages between pragmatism and dreams. When pragmatism wins at the expense of dreams I sense the battle wounds of conflict.


It's my belief that to create images you have to visualize and choreograph them. This exercise is not quantitative nor is it tangible. It has no immediate benefit. "It seldom provides income" pragmatism says out loud.


Steven Sielberg, a movie genius, said this: "I don't dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living." Most would argue that he has done quite well for himself, not bad for a professional dreamer. Imagine dreaming for a living!!!


This weekend, I have a bridal shoot pending. In preparation, the other day I looked over the location where I plan to shoot and tried to visualize the bride through out this fabulous house both indoors and outdoors. My mind was clicking away visualizing various frames and scenes in a 3x2 format. Not only did I choose to dream but I choreographed my dreams as well.


In a way, dreaming is equally as important as my love for the pragmatic. You have to have a dream, it becomes your map which guides you towards success, your final destination. We will see what happens this weekend; between now and then, I still have more dreaming to do. Pragmatism reaps the reward of the fruition of dreams.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.