Monday, October 24, 2011

We Meet

Canadian Geese at Burr Pond
Burrville, CT

Happened to pay a visit to an old childhood swimming hole called Burr Pond in Burrville, CT. This was the first time I had ever visited it in the fall. It was completely tranquil with just a few Canadian geese taking advantage of the pond's autumnal vacancy status.

What a natural juxtaposition, we both traveled to get to that place. They traveled south but I travelled north. We both had our reasons and by fate we met.

Let me add a footnote, please; yesterday while on my way to our weekly breakfast with my father-in-law we passed a field of the same geese here in Texas. I suppose if you wait long enough we will meet anyway. Then again you might not. You run the risk of never seeing what you should if you just wait for it to come to you.

A friend I met at a recent photographic workshop explained life to me rather succinctly. You do not choose when you are born nor do you choose when you will die. However, everything between those two events called life, you get to choose. Thank you Iris for sharing that with me. Hadn't I chosen to travel north, I would never have heard your wisdom. So the journey north and south, pilgrim migrations with purpose continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.