Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Float

Pond
Winchester, CT
Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
Aristotle


Ever since I can remember, I have always found time to spend in the solitude of nature. I use the time to reflect upon where I have been and where I am going. I reflect on my life and I pause and absorb all that is happening before me and around me. I becomes we as I quickly observe animate and inanimate objects which surround me. In the woods alone I am not.

I am so looking forward to the next few weeks of communing with nature, my old friend. We have so much to catch up on; I want to listen to what my friend has to say, you might say its our nature homecoming. I want to see the leaves above and feel them below me. I want to smell their sweet autumn fragrance. Cloudy or bright skies, it wont matter to me much. What I am looking forward to most is that perfect silence of woods only interrupted by the intermittent babbling of nearby brooks and distant birds migrating south.

It's fall; time for me to catch up with my old friend. Underneath the trees and along the creek shores we will talk and reminisce. If I am lucky my friend will pose for me just a few frames and nothing more before we pick up our conversation once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.