Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Of Rocks and Roots (Post Script)


New Card Series

At the very bottom of my email signature page lies a quotation from Viktor Frankl that reads: "When we can no longer change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." The idea of change frightens most but it's what life requires. We live in a dynamic world. We must adapt and renew. The choices remain within our domain. It's easy to get mired in the past. There's no need to belabor.

Artist frequently talk about their ruts. I am no exception. Right now I am working on a new card and print series: Autumn Dreams. The fact is that I am looking for tools that make the greatest visual impact without distorting my art and my message. I want something different. 

In case you've not noticed, my photography and my prose stress not only what we can see but the choices we can make. When I took the shot above and framed it in my head, many things literally clicked at the same time. This shot captured the poetry and romance placed in my head by a fellow New Englander and poet, Robert Frost.

If you are at a crossroads in your life, this image and verse are right for you. If you know someone who needs encouragement and your thoughtfulness, this makes the perfect gift.

For a limited time, I will be making a special edition 16x20 canvas gallery wrapped print ready to hang in either your home or office wall.  This print along with a complementary gift card set of eight cards will be offered to you for $275 (plus shipping handling and tax if applicable).  To insure timely receipt of orders prior to the Christmas holidays, please place your order today. You can contact me via email at alh7672@gmail.com.  Leave me your phone number and I will contact you directly to place your order. To facilitate your order, I accept all major credit cards and PayPal.


Post Script: I enjoy Robert Frost Poetry. This picture lends itself to The Road Not Taken. It is copyrighted therefore, I cannot use it to accompany this image. Instead, I've provided my own abridged observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.