Monday, November 28, 2011

Both Sides Now

Happy Couple
Kayte and Justin Roberts
Grapevine, TX
Worked hard yesterday, shot two family shoots. The weather in the morning was far from ideal. It was sunny but a blustery 42 degrees with wind gusts of up to 20 mph coming out of the northwest. Instead of telling my clients to say cheese, they said freeze and were able to thaw wonderful smiles.

The day filled me with energy, as my clients transferred their love to me. For whatever reason during the photo shoot, the sense overcame me that I was someone else. It seems that person was buried somewhere back in high school or college. It must have happened the moment I chose to be pragmatic rather than to simply be who I was. Making and earning a living replaced living. It seems now the circle is complete.

All of this made me more pensive than usual this morning. Got to listening to some Joni Mitchell on YouTube. Chose to listen to "Both Sides Now". Came to a realization again after so many years, that I still "don't know clouds at all". Somewhere between smiles and landscapes, there's a feeling that overwhelms me still. Perhaps as the journey wears on cloud understanding will come to me. In the mean time, I've got smiles to go before I sleep and less pragmatic promises to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.