Saturday, November 12, 2011

Now A Word From Our Sponsor

Sample 5.3x7.8 Gallery Wrap on Canvas
Image shot with iPhone 4S with my own shaky hands

I get satisfaction of three kinds. One is creating something, one is being paid for it and one is the feeling that I haven't just been sitting on my ass all afternoon.


Normally my blogs are interspersed with both philosophy and diatribes about life or my encounters along the journey. Well folks, I am a pragmatic sojourner and my wife and heirs from time to time expect sustenance from me. Like a good caveman, I attempt to hunt and gather food and keep the family fed, clad, safe, and warm.



The universe provided me an opportunity to rediscover and reinvent myself. It's been nearly a year and a half since I lost my lucrative position with a major Fortune Five Hundred firm. The thought of not being part of the corporate world and losing my identity troubled me for a while. The fact that my fate rested in the hands of politicians in Washington, Greece and Rome troubled me even more. Bad decisions on Wall Street and news poor economic news from Europe stifled multiple job offers.


Rather than succumb to the global malaise, I chose to create and forge my own destiny and follow my passion. I chose to create with my camera the world I saw and the world I live in. You will now find these images as part of card series: Southwest and also Autumn Dreams. My point is to share my art rather than keep it locked up in my computer. The cards represent 5x7 miniature expression of art and gratitude. It's my belief that gratitude should be shared as joy to those you care about most.


Since I started this project in earnest nearly six weeks ago, you have helped me sell over fifty box sets of eight cards each. In addition, I have sold and shipped over nine 12x18 prints on 22x28 matts. These images now have fine homes in Hawaii, Oregon, and Taiwan. They could be in your home as well.


Since many of you are also practicing Reganomics for the home, it dawned on me that I should also make a product which you could not resist, that would make a perfect gift for someone special for under $50 dollars.  Think about it; that's less than a tank of gas!!!


Today, I am rolling out my 5.3 x 7.8 gallery wraps. These wraps are one inch deep and mounted on very light weight but durable material. All of these prints are beautifully rendered on archival canvas. They truly do look like paintings. Not only does this reduce the cost of producing the wrap but it also reduces the shipping weight. This is perfect to pack and ship to you. Or you can have me ship it directly to someone you love on your behalf. This gift fits compactly in your suitcase when you travel at Christmas. It will not tip your luggage scales. You can give personally deliver a fine piece of art with great pride.


The mounting options are limitless and it does not require a frame. You can wall mount these wraps or you can simply sit them wherever you wish to showcase them. The Autumn Dreams series will be the only version offered at this time. You can choose from any of the Autumn Dream images for the low price of $37.50 plus shipping and taxes if applicable. Shipping is free on orders of three or more boxes. 


Of course my cards are still available at $32 per box and don't forget to order your Christmas Cards too. Call for pricing on my prints. All major credit cards are accepted. Orders paid by check are shipped within a week of payment. Contact me via email at alh762@gmail.com. Please provide a daytime phone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.