Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Shoot: Part One

Lidia Dalida
Belly Dance Instructor
Plano, TX

Lidia Dalida (stage name) is a Russian native from St. Petersburg, who now resides with her husband in Plano, Tx. Her passion is dance and her vocation is belly dance instructor. Whatever stereotypes you might have about stern Russian women, Lidia is just the opposite.


Lidia Dalida
Lidia's wardrobe ranges from yoga pants to elaborate belly dance costumes and fashion. One thing however, you will always notice Lidia wearing is her trademark broad smile. She speaks softly and succinctly with great purpose and zest. Politics do not interest her. She is idealistic and simply wishes that all people get along. There's a lot to be said about Lidia's style and passion for living.

It's been exactly two months since we've been acquainted. Truthfully, I didn't know if I would earn her trust. I was a complete stranger with an idea to photograph her and other belly dancers. 

This hopefully is the beginning of a longer term project and not its conclusion. All the hard work and dedication that go into the dance preparation amaze me. My fascination with details as well as the choreography and music only adds to my photographic passion and peak my curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.