Friday, November 23, 2012

Man's Best Friend

You Leavin' Me?
"Maggie"
Palenville, NY


“If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” 
― Mark Twain

Today's is the final day that I will be in Texas for a while. Have procrastinated as much as I could and now I will need to scurry and pack. Don't like any of this but the reward is adventure. Change is not my thing as most of you know.


Was thinking of what I could post today that would express the feeling of someone leaving someone else behind. My canine friend Maggie (Dan Burkholder and Jill Skupin's dog) best exemplifies what I would like to convey. Maggie's face says it all. How and why can you possibly leave me behind?

Since I will no longer be available to wag my tail for my wife; Kim, has already made arrangements and found a canine equivalent. The other man in her life will be a young labrador stud named Grady. By the time, I return to visit, he will rule the house and provide the appropriate companionship during my absence.

Truthfully, I never understood the fuss about dogs. Thanks to Kim, our children, and friends like Dan and Jill, I comprehend what is so special about these creatures. They make us happy and fill our lives with joy. The world could be going to hell but these guys stand by you and are ready to please you. They cast no judgement and do not have political allegiances. No one knows which part of the 47% they lie in and no one cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.