Monday, November 19, 2012

Moving Forward

Dancer with Blue Veil
Saritza Velilla-Jenkins

Trying to write this morning is a challenge. Still haven't packed anything for my pending trip to Tucson where new adventures await me. Have many mixed emotions leaving my wife behind is weighing heavily on me. In addition knowing that my father is in the hospital also tugs at my heart.


My responsibilities are clear. Take care of yourself first, if not, you can't take care of anyone else. Enjoy your life as best as you can and do try to take it one day at a time and one step at a time. This is something that I must learn to do. I've so much to be grateful for and I need to accept the good things in my life. Photography is one of those good things. It's my safety valve, sanity, and reality check.

For several weeks now, I've veered from my normal landscapes and have chosen to showcase three dancers. Like me they find joy in their creative outlet. It could very well be that I enjoy showing the kinetics of artists enjoying what they do. I wouldn't know what that experience is like because I've never really been photographed doing my passion, photography.

Don't have that much to say today but I suppose I will soon. Thank you all for being supportive of both my family, my art, and of me. In a world that is fraught with despair and bad news, its good to receive and hear the loving voices of those that care. It's all about loving and caring for each other. As I've mentioned before, we are on similar journeys. Plan on adding more smiles to miles we have left to travel. There truly is very little we control other than pieces of our own happiness. Hope and the promise for a better tomorrow is all we have. It sustains us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.