Friday, August 24, 2012

Lost For Words

Lost for Words
iPhone Artistry

Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.
Emily Dickinson

Someone once advised me that I should open my heart each day to information, comfort, and guidance. Although I heard the words, its taken me a very long time to heed the unsolicited wisdom. There are many things that I don't comprehend and at times I can feel the undulations that life brings. When that happens, I tend to forget and get caught in the moment of the trough.

For someone who has spent a life figuring out financial swings and economic moods,uncertainty is far from welcomed. This is all new to me. Nothing is certain now. No more paychecks deposited automatically on specific days. Now all I know with certainty is that I must sell what I can create. In a very real sense what I think, see, feel, and capture is for sale. This is all raw and unchartered territory. It's unsettling.

There are times when I draw a blank. Neither words nor images flow. Today requires more effort as I dig deep within and find something to say. It's not automatic but it's something that I must do. I don't know what the future holds, but at the end of night, there's always dawn. In the mean time, pressing on is not a bad idea, nor is opening every door I can. Something is bound to happen that's positive for me. I refuse to give up hope. At this juncture, besides my family, it's all I have.

If you enjoy my art remember its all for sale. I have pieces available at various price points to meet all kinds of budgets. For those of you contemplating an event, please keep me in mind. You've seen samples of my wedding and portrait work also on this blog. You will not be disappointed. Contact me at al@photographybyalhernandez.com . For now, I'm lost for words except two: thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.