Monday, January 23, 2012

Shadows


Working in Shadows

Changing perspective becomes a necessity, even at times a learning tool. Photographers learn to manipulate light, shadows, color, perspective, and textures. By managing these variables they can create new images of familiar objects. Since none of us sees things exactly the same, it's imperative to change our perspective from time to time. Thus we become familiar with other dimensions of the same object.

Lately, I've been fascinated by the shadows cast by the winter sun. It makes sense to notice it since the sun's angle is different in the winter months. It's taken me a long time to realize this. It could very well be that I was too busy before and preoccupied by other distractions. Regardless of the reason, I notice shadows now.

Photography affords me the skills required to makes sense out of shadow ambiguity. Life never clearly spells out the details. I suppose it makes living more interesting knowing that you don't have an eternity to figure it out. Learn to enjoy the details in both the light and shadows. You will be surprised by the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.