Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dance With The One Who Brung Ya

Canyon and River
Zion National Park
Springdale, UT

In Texas, we have a saying: "Dance with the one who brung ya." Although it implies to stick with the people who have made you successful; it could also be construed to mean go with the skills that have brought you this far.

While our education system and our business world extolls the virtues of team work, what happens to those disenfranchised from the team? There are times in life when you have to go beyond the team. You have to dig deep and survey your own resources and what has contributed to your survival thus far.

As you explore yourself, you discover the different dimensions of your personality and your various skills. There are many things I do well these include but are not limited to: photography, public speaking (English and Spanish), writing, finance, and marketing. Some of my skills can be measured and some cannot.

This year, it's time for me to make profitable use of my skills. It's time to thread the needle and sew my skills into a product that will provide me with passion and income required to survive. It's an exciting time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.