Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Rockwell Moment

Siblings at Play in Store
Southlake, TX

"The soul is healed by being with children"

Spent some time browsing at a local store. It's the tail end of the shopping season. All I am sure are weary of the commotion. I happened to glance over in a nook of this beautiful warm store when I saw a composition which seemed to me straight from a Norman Rockwell painting; two children, a brother and sister transfixed with a game on their iPhone, entertaining themselves while mom shopped.

My day changed after that moment. I knew I had captured something ; a piece of life that I had forgotten about. Spent some time wondering how to be render this image while preserving its simplicity and message. Think I nailed it. Sometimes you just have to keep your eyes wide open.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.