Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Move On

Magical Horse at Bellagio
Las Vegas, NV


Don't waste your life in doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My academic training was in business.  I learned the arts of both finance and marketing.  Over the years, I learned to master both and incorporate them into my career.  I was never to removed from either one;  I wove them into my corporate personality.

Both disciplines taught me the merits of planning and strategy.  However, it does a person harm to focus solely on future what if scenarios and not paying attention to what is immediately on hand.  There are opportunities still in front of us.  The world keeps spinning on it's axis.  We die and others are born.

This past year has been extremely difficult but I remain optimistic that I will figure out how to survive.  The fact is that I seem to have a gift of writing and communicating emotions.  I've also been blessed with the ability to capture images that make others feel warmth.

It's time for me to step out confidently and just be everything that I truly am.  The financial rewards will come as I pursue my passions.  I care deeply about people.  I believe in the powers of love and friendship.  Furthermore, I believe that we were put on this earth to help each other.  That is our purpose.  This part of my personality, I refuse to change.

Years ago, my mother would place me in the shopping cart and I would sing the Life Buoy soap jingle:  " I like people and people like me."  As I think about my childhood enthusiasm, I recognize that I still love people and I sure hope a few like me too.

There's nothing I can do about tomorrow.  Even my best financial plans may not work.  I can work hard, process my images, and weave my words.  I still love people and nothing will stop me from loving more as I move on my journey.  "I love people and people like me."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.