Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hail Mary

"Hail Mary Full of Grace;
Blessed Art Thou Among Women"

In order to capture some soft light, I had to go early to San Francisco de Assis church in Ranchos de Taos, NM.  It truly became spiritual as I chose to shoot the details of the statues in the courtyard jardin entrance to the church.  Although I am not a Catholic, I was in awe of these statues and their serene countenances.  These images were made to make us feel a peace outside of ourselves.

As you study these images, you can begin to comprehend the belief that God is watching us "from a distance".   How an artist conveys this is still beyond me.  I know that the key is to find subjects that actually experience this peace so that he can interpret the image.

Today, I really don't have much to say.  I would rather simply share these images with you.  May you find peace in my interpretation of these images.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.