Friday, July 9, 2010

Take Two Tablets


Not Quite Heaven only Zion

Sometimes the well runs a little dry.  Today is one of those days.  I was wondering though how differently things would have been if Moses had been afraid of heights!!!  The world would be void of direction without Commandments.

I have to admit that I am not much on mountains.  Most of my time has been spent in valleys looking up; the mountains have always been nearby.  Lately, I feel uneasy about just staring at the mountains.  I would like to go up the mountains and see the views from above.   Somehow, folks like me have to overcome their fear of heights.

The only way we can get to other side is to figure out how to scale the mountains.  The journey is about finding paths through both valleys and mountains.  We learn to do both.  To enjoy life we  have to overcome the anxiety of heights.  The view I hear is awesome.  Perhaps Moses had the same fear.  God must have told him:  "Take two tablets and I will see you in the morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.