Monday, July 12, 2010

Mangos and Melons, Windows and Bricks


Window and Bricks



We spent a very relaxing weekend with family and friends.  We had to slow down the tempo; there simply is too much going around us right now.  Both Kim and I really just needed time to forget and just enjoy the life we have.  Life after my corporate job has been a roller coaster ride.

Truthfully, I don't feel like I don't have a job.  What I feel is that I don't have steady income.  My job for the past five months has been to reconnect with all of you.  Some of you are new found friends, some of you are long lost friends, and others are my local friends.  I stay in touch with all of you:  over 100 cities in the US, Central America, Europe, Russia, Asia, and Australia.  

At first, I thought that I would simply write a blog about my images.  That idea didn't last very long.  Instead I found myself writing about what I have experienced as I've taken images.  Other times, I've reflected on the journey itself.  Yet other times, I've reflected on meaning and the purpose of life itself.

Most of you, like me, are on a journey.  You don't know where the journey will lead, but you definitely sense that the trip will have an end.  You feel the urgency to enjoy all of the journey regardless of the disappointments.  The journey will be finite but the memories acquired will live on.  

We were meant to be social.  You and I were meant to connect.  We go against our nature, our social being, when we don't enjoy each other.  Today, I simply want to say thank you.  I am grateful for your encouragement both about my images and my words.  Truthfully, without your encouragement there would be no blog.   I feel obligated to make each word and image meaningful. 

This blog provides me with no income stream but it truly has made me a wealthier human being.  You see, I have friends and your lives are priceless.  To that extent, I am a wealthy man and you have played a role in enriching my life.

Yes, I am a thinker.  Yes, I am an artist, but I am also a father, a husband, a son, and a brother.  I choose to work and when I can I incorporate all of my skills and education to the tasks in front of me.  I remain honest with myself and choose my company wisely.  It's not a waste of time  to be with you.

If you enjoy my work and wish to see more of it please visit me at elidigital.  All images are for sale.  Prices will vary on the sizes that you want or need and whether they are matted.  My 6x9 images start at $75 and are printed on 8.5x11 archival paper stock.  I can also print 13x19 on 17x22 paper.  If you really desire a larger print, I can also print up 20x30.  Some of you may prefer to have these prints as cards.  I make a very handsome set of limited edition cards (eight to a gift box) with matching envelopes for $35 plus shipping.  Feel free to show your friends too.  Hopefully, by early next month, I will have a professional site with an online store.  In the mean time, feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.