Friday, March 26, 2010

Telling The Story



There's a lot that goes into taking one simple photographic frame.  Sometimes catching the details of the process is almost as much fun.  It's a process of recording the elements that lead to the story.  In this case we were headed to Zabriske Point in Death Valley.  Originally, it was an assignment in capturing the beautiful landscape at sunrise.



Mysteriously, I found myself getting distracted by the details of the moment.  It seems like we were surrounded by photographers all waiting their turn at capturing their masterpiece at sunrise.





As I looked for my best shot and surveyed the landscape through my viewfinder,  I carefully crafted what really was the spirit of Zabriske Point.  It was about the experience of capturing that fraction of a second of perfection.  Something that truly alludes us every day.  It's a special irreplaceable kind of euphoria free of criticism.





In the end, the perfect image was the one that was right in front of me.  It contained all of the perfect elements.  Most importantly it told the story that I wanted to convey.


2 comments:

  1. Love the final picture! It's perfect! and looks like a painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the final picture! It's perfect! and looks like a painting

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.