Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Caddo Lake: Refelections


"I would hate to come to end of life
 to find out that I've not lived."  .....Henry David Thoreau.



Over the years, I've discovered that my moods change.  I don't know why but sometimes a little bit of melancholia slips in.  It's painful but it's part of my process.  While it doesn't define me, it reminds me that I am not in balance within myself.  So, I force my mind to go down a different path.  A place less traveled by but I have to jar it into leaving the familiar rut.  I choose to reflect and create.



Through the viewfinder, I am forced to notice the important details.  I can frame each little bit of life and see how precious the elements that comprise the whole truly are.  The viewfinder enables me to see.  It detracts me from my melancholia.  I can see and feel the vibrancy of life.  I renew and reconnect with the universe around me.

All the components are there right in front of me.  Life moves on and I am suddenly part of its current.  I flow with it and let it take me to a new destinations, unfamiliar places.  The drudgery of the workplace is gone.  The unwarranted criticisms and judgement fade along the upstream banks.



This is how I see it.  This is what I feel.  I choose to share this with my fellow sojourners.  Find the solace in your life and enjoy it. Renew yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.