Saturday, March 20, 2010

Grey Days in Zion


Everyone loves the sunshine but few love the grey days.  For the most part we shun them and write them off.  Had we done that in Zion, we would have missed the splendor that we ultimately captured with our cameras.  Truthfully,  the camera teaches us the value of the grey day.


Grey days have their own magic.  Colors come to life. Yet everything seems to slow down.  Places like Zion showcase their splendor to a limited audience.  We were fortunate to be their without the sunshine.


For those of you who know me, you understand how much I truly enjoy sunshine.  However, photography has forced me to appreciate grey.  Think about how many days we waste wishing away the grey.  Maybe we should all pick up a camera and enjoy them.


There is some grey in my life right now.  The sun is not shining.  It's time for me to pick up my camera again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.