Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Find Your Rose

Red Rose Bloom
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
 or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”

Abraham Lincoln

There's not a person alive that has never experienced some kind of disappointment or melancholia in their life. Some folks appear to be more predisposed or susceptible to it than others. There are a few folks in life who enjoy the chemistry of the glass is always full, while the rest wade through the murky waters of blind despair.

Growing up, I distinctly remember that poor was certainly not us. My parents would always hold out some other family or person who was undeniably worse off than we were. We were the fortunate ones or so they believed.

Although, I've tried the same technique since then it hasn't quite worked for me. Instead I've found that photography jars my mind on to a different plane and moves me out of the negative thinking and often melancholic rut. The image in front of me becomes the focus of my attention and it transforms me. To that extent, I am encouraged and reminded by the roses that frequent me via photography. We all should be so lucky to find our personal rose.


represented by: Simon Gallery of Fine Art, Tucson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.