Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Joy

Newborn Ballerina and Tutu
Fort Worth, Tx

A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.
-- Carl Sandburg


Have found joy in my life again. It's the reward of knowing that I've done a good job; the satisfaction of knowing I've touched someone else's life with my artistic expression.

A friend and I were conversing regarding the world of business. He explained to me how his client rewarded a driven employee's hard work. The consequence of this employees work was worth millions to this financial company. For this the employee received a chunk of lucite with accolades written on it. We both laughed as we realized the insensitivity and absurdity. Lucite, even the best of its kind, does not hardly motivate or reward.

For me rewards come in the form of beaming smiles and heartfelt praise. It manifests itself as I am  touched each day by the satisfaction that others are moved by my captures. I may not have the financial means I once had, but I've got a trove of personal satisfaction. For the first time in many years, I feel alive and part of life again.

A fellow photographer once told me that he was excited each day by his work. At the time, I was envious, now I comprehend how he feels because that's exactly me now.

Some think that I've been unemployed for two years. That's not correct. I've been mastering my craft and determining the directions it will take, painstakingly devising my marketing plan. Now I am open for business and looking forward to waking up each day ready to go where the universe might take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.