Monday, July 14, 2014

Too Long and Too Hot

Life atop the Kaaterskills
Near Palenville, NY


Look deep into nature,
and then you will
understand everything better.

Albert Enstein

It's been a while since I've penned a few lines of thought. Please don't confuse the absence with lack of thought. Life has gotten inexplicably more complicated in the process to simplify. Just as I had put together the financial pieces of my last work hiatus; another interruption/inconvenience surfaced.

This time, there's no bitterness on my part and my anxiety is a bit less. I've taken the necessary steps to get my networking in place with friends, LinkedIn, and industry specific headhunters, etc. Most importantly each day I wrestle with myself to stay positive and to dwell on what I can do and all the things that I learned from my last affliction. The most important thing is to do and live each day fully regardless of my career absence. My job is to live.

It may very well be that I will have to work again on my creative side or perhaps find several jobs that fulfill me. Truthfully, there are many things I have mastered over the years among them photography and my ability to connect with people. In fact some of you reading my words today are folks I've never met. We have connected simply because we are on parallel journeys and of course similar destinations but scheduled to arrive at different times. Passengers on a train called time and on  a revolving and circular track called earth. It's a finite journey laden with infinite possibilities.

So today, I write simply because its time to. It's also too damn hot outside and so I thought I would remember a cool damp autumn day in the Catskills. It's good to draw from the well of pleasant experiences. If you hadn't have enough of them you might spend your time filling up your reservoirs for those days when you are parched and thirst to recall a memory or two.

Represented by the Simon Gallery of Fine Art, Tucson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.